Wednesday, October 21

Elijah's September Journal

Last week when I was volunteering in Elijah's 1st Grade Class, the teacher with a giggle told me to read Elijah's Journal. As I flipped thru the booklet I saw a common theme ... BASKETBALL! (of course) She explained she likes to allow the kids to write about what is on their mind. She will give them ideas like "What did you do last night?" etc., The journal is a picture book as well.
September Entries:
>Ant playing basketball. (He drew an ant dribbling a ball down the court to the hoop)
>Yesterday was ant day. (his class has been studying bugs)
>Today I ride the bus.
>Yesterday I played basketball.
>Today we have 5 caterpillars.
>Yesterday I playd basketball.
>Today the caterpillars are hanging. They made achrysalis.
>Today I am gona play baskitball.
>Today I am going play baskitball.
>Today I am going to play baskitball to. I am wering my Portlin Trallblazers shrt.
>Today Ima going to play basketball. I can spin a ball on my finggr.
>Yesterday I playd basketball. The cort was gray.
>Now I am sitting by Tanner and Joshua.
Now here comes the funny part. She told me because of the obvious theme, aka obsession with basketball when she passed out the new October journals she decided to give Elijah an idea of something different to write about. She suggested Halloween - does your family celebrate it? If so what is your costume, etc.,?
Well a light instantly went off in my head as she said this, and I was like "OH NO!" She started laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes when she said "And Elijah was excited & wrote down what he is going to be for Halloween . . . . A BASKETBALL!"
We both couldve died! His costume is a basketball (for his head) & he has a backboard, rim, & net that he wears as well. ((photos to follow soon))

1 comment:

Tubo Family said...

Sounds like E is a man with a plan!