Thursday, May 14

Oops

Late last night I had a brilliant idea to run a hot bath . . . . turned it on & then got on computer (facebook & found MORE long lost friends) . . . and an hour later had to use restroom (thank God) & found water creeping out of the bathroom down the hall floor & to the entrance of 2 of the kids bedrooms. R U KIDDING ME?

After bellowing in a panic for Alan & Payton as I started throwing all the contents of our linen closet onto the floor . . . . Alan grabbed the shop vac. Long story short: the heater vent in the bathroom functioned as a drain for a lot of the water which weighted down all the flex duct in our crawl. So I had to relocate the contents of our coat closet so Alan could get to the crawl access to assess the damage & repair. Well it's a couple hundred dollar mistake compliments of Mrs Crombie (me) . . . but no damage to the house whatsoever. Luckily we have wood floors so its not like it saturated carpet in the hall, etc., I will be showering for a while as opposed to bathing.

Facebook Warning: Use at your own risk! Definitely dont run a bath & get on facebook.

1 comment:

Lanelle said...

Facebook?!
Just kidding. I don't love it as much as you, but I do know how easily it can take over! I am glad your damages weren't too severe!