Wednesday, May 13

May 13th : Top 5 days of the year . . .

9 years ago today . . . May 13, 2000 Alan & I became husband & wife . . . . life partners.
Alan still likes to tease me about when we were courting how I honestly said "I cant imagine ever arguing with you.", and he said "Oh Amy we will argue." I very seriously responded "Well I never want to." Of course Alan was right. There have been disagreements & struggles. Marriage is work. Probably the hardest work there is but I think where some people fail (in their marriage & divorce) is one or both parties think it would be easier with someone else or different circumstances etc.,. When in reality whatever issues you brought into your marriage, you will most often carry into the next etc., Giving up should not be an option in my opinion. Stay the course and you will be blessed for it. For us, without God as the central focus in our marriage we struggle & if we dont make time for one on one intimacy we struggle. But when we get it right, it is just like the courting days & all the giggling & gaga that comes with it. So if any of you find yourselves feeling like the dimmer switch is turned down low in the marriage - turn it up - reignite!

May 13 is my favorite day of the year . . . the other 4 on my top 5 list . . . my children's birthdays of course Jan 3rd, Aug. 31st, Nov 1st, & Nov 8th. These days are my most dear accomplishments in life . . . nothing I could ever pursue or achieve would compare.

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Lanelle said...

Happy Anniversary Amy!!!!!! I hope you guys enjoy your camping getaway!

Tubo Family said...

Congratulations Alan & Amy!