Saturday, January 10

Sisters Near & Far

Well . . . of course I get bummed that my 2 younger sisters Lena & Kally live in another state, and their families . . . but there isnt anything I can do to change that . . . so I just live with it. . . . but still always aware of the sad distance. I love you Lena & Kally!

Then here . . . . in Oregon I have 3 sisters (n-law or Ive heard it said somewhere sisters-n-love) Lauri, Linda, & Mary. All three are older than me, wiser than me, and I am blessed to have them as dear friends & sisters. Add in nieces Shawna & Lanelle . . . I am one lucky lady.
Note: I have tons of nieces & nephews & even great nieces & nephews but Shawna & Lanelle are close to my age & are more like sisters.

Tonight Lauri, Linda, Shawna & Lanelle spoiled me rotten for my birthday. I have such a hard time with this. They wouldnt let me pay for anything - they even smuggled money into my car for gas money. The rear hydraulics in my car went out (Alan needs to put in a new part tomorrow but he thought it was jimmy'd for tonights fun) . . . . and although it doesnt damage my big ol' expedition it becomes quite the bouncy ride. Well Lauri ended up getting car sick as we bounced toward home thru Carver Curves, then when I was alone, half way up the dark icey mountain I realized I needed to pee & the bouncing, numerous storm caused potholes on hwy 26 proved to be challenging . . . but I made it.

Thank you for the birthday wishes and I love you all....Sisters near and far!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Amy!!
love from your cousin,
Nicole

Tubo Family said...

Happy Birthday Dear Amy! Sure wish I was there to celebrate (hope you got my ecard). Love, Ali