Monday, October 13

"You cant leave mama!"

There is NOT a formula for this kid. No predicting. Somedays Nolan is content saying goodbye & letting me leave him at preschool - other days he makes me stay for a while - and then there is TODAY . . . . where he refused to let me leave at all. It was very distracting to the class, so I finally gave him the option of:
a. Nolan stays at school & mama comes back at sharing time
or
b. Nolan comes home with mama now
He chose to come home. I am deliberately making these remaining school hours super boring. This 4 year old actually thought he could convince me to bake cookies or ride bikes outside.... uh no. After crying a bit in his room. He has decided to stare at me on the computer bored out of his mind.

Now some of you may ask "How does a 4 year old "not let you leave"?" I mean, who is the boss afterall?!?! Well, like I said Nolan is different than our older 3. Past techniques are not as successful with the wee boy. The teacher used to think I should just leave but he is a proven escape artist too. Did I happen to mention how he wants to be a marathon runner? YES he is one fast runner. Soooooo onward. Next school day is Wednesday, which is my day to be the Parent Helper in the class. Oh Joy! Then Friday is a field trip & I am a chaperone. Looks like mama gets zero break this week. Ok I am done venting steam for now. Signed, Why Nolan, why?!?

2 comments:

Lanelle said...

Emily attempted to skip school today by not getting up to get ready. At 8:45 I went in and found her reading, I took her book and explained that if she were to stay home, she would be laying in bed sleeping, no family fun day (as she was skipping school, not taking part in a mom arranged fun day) - at 9 her will was broken and I asked her if she were interested in going to school - she said yes.

It does end, when they are all grown. I haven't yet seen a 21 year old attached to mom so literally. It will pass... you can make it!

Tubo Family said...

Hang in there Amy! Sometimes I think I am lucky I got my "hard" baby first--makes my little Corby look so easy now! Sean went through a stage like that a while back and actually missed most of two weeks of school before it was through. He seemed torn between wanting the reassurance of being able to be with me when he wanted and the security of knowing "the rules."