Tuesday, July 29

Reminder: Pursue Dream

Of course there is no guarantee that your hopes or dreams will be realized but you do have the free will to pursue them - to try. Alan is doing this in February. My husband has been hired to sing at numerous weddings & other events. He is a talented singer. He highly doubts he is one of THE BEST - thus unlikely to win this talent competition BUT I admire him for trying. He definitely is more skilled then several of this shows contestants. He will be auditioning in Portland in February 2009 for Nashville Star. I have had people suggest I try as well and my response is quite simple: NO THANKS! Oh my goodness, Alan totally LOVES performing in front of a large audience. I, on the other hand, completely choke up in fear. I have two experiences singing solo in front of a large crowd at the County Fair some years back, and at the Estacada Fireworks and GULP - my knees shook so violently - all I could think about was just wanting to walk off the stage - to quit. So, after the county fair I decided - Im content singing at small gatherings and that's it. Now if someone discovers a smoke-free, family oriented restaurant that offers karaoke contests - please sign me up. I have had really good luck at those types of competitions. . . . but they are few & far between. Usually only bars offer these contests and I cannot handle the cig smoke. Speaking of which, , , , have you heard??? The rumor that come the 1st of the year smoking will be banned from all public places (including bars). That rocks!