Saturday, October 31

Halloween 2009

Our tradition. . . . Payton stays & hands out candy to the bazillion trick or treaters in our small neighborhood. . . .only this year so many homes are either vacationers or in the process of being moved out of or moved in . . . . noone had their porch lights on on our side of the loop so we kept our light off as well. Saving kids from having to walk our whole block or two for 1 house w/ candy.

Grandpa Ricky & Grandma Kris came up for our traditional homemade stew & hot from the oven breadsticks for dinner at 5:30.

At 6:30 we headed to "Spook Alley" the shopping center a country block from our home. The kids play carnival games in the outdoor plaza area & win treats. Then beginning at 7pm the fire dept holds the annual costume contest.

1st up was age bracket 4-7 yr olds. So Nolan, our robot, & Elijah, the basketball & hoop, were competing against one another this year. I will be honest I chose not to embellish Nolan's robot costume for fear he would win 1st place again.

Elijah is our only kiddo who has never won. Well the judges announced 3rd place a dragon, 2nd place our Nolan the robot (I held my breath in fear), .... long pause . . . . and 1st place. . . . . Elijah the basketball hoop!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I would feel so bad for our middle son if he walked away in defeat again. So both sons won this year.

Darla was in the older age bracket this year 8-12yr olds. She had fierce competition & I didnt expect her to even place this year. They announced 3rd place an adorable 80's style rocker, 2nd place the old lady costume, & 1st place (my dad gave me a signal like ITS DARLA & I shook my head No it isnt) . . . . 1st place ... the pirate . . . Darla!!! Amazed. I actually had to laugh & smack myself in the forehead. Im sure I looked like a total dork.

Then on to a little trick or treating . . .

the kids each came home from the eve with a total of 54 pieces of candy . . . which will be stretched our for weeks to come.

1 comment:

Tubo Family said...

Yay Crombies! Wow you guys really rock the costumes. :)