Thursday, July 23

Darla's 1st Time Away From Home

What: 5 nights away at Camp!!
How: Darla's friend, Tierra. Tierra's grandparents treat all their grandkids each summer to Christian camp + each grandkid gets to select 1 friend to accompany them. Darla was the lucky girl chosen. What a blessing this is!
When: Sunday 7/5 - Friday 7/10

Where: Eagle Fern Youth Camp (I grew up right up the road from the place, never got to camp there myself, but worked/volunteered at the camp. So I knew Darla was going to have a blast!)

Darla was soooo excited to go (of course). Neither Darla nor Tierra were accustomed to being away from their parents overnight for so long....I think the mom's struggled the most. Cute story the camp counselor shared was Tierra was kindof crying at night missing her mama (the 1st night), and Darla climbed up to her bunk & whispered to her friend "Can I pray with you?". Darla prayed for her friend & it helped.

Some of Darla's favorite activities while at camp were horseback riding & rock climbing.

Their cabin had built in bunk beds that were 3 beds high. Tierra picked the very top & Darla was in the middle bunk. These were some super tall bunkbeds.

1 comment:

Lanelle said...

I have some memories of Eagle fern!!! 5th & 6th grade camp - I loved those triple bunks!