Thursday, June 25

Legend dies today

Only 50 years old . . . Michael Jackson reportedly passes away after having a heart attack. I grew up with him as a famous singer. Our family owned this album "Thriller" and the spooky music video - which was more like a mini-movie was popular in our house. I remember having a slight crush on MJ during the movie theatre scene. Him & his girlfriend were smacking on popcorn & he was cute, before he turned into the weird zombie dude. My most prominent memory of Michael Jackson was when one of us girls got the tape cassette. We had a slumber party at Ann Maries & the next day we walked the 13 mile George Loop blasting the tape on a lil' boom box. I remember distinctly dancing to PYT (Pretty Young Thing) while on our way to walking the 1st overnight guest home, Nishka. In recent years I had missed the old Michael Jackson. . . . not sure what happened with all the skin lightening & surgeries. Sad he couldnt love himself for the way he was born. Well farewell Michael Jackson - I pray for those closest to you. Your legend will live on.

No comments: