Friday, April 17

Play Ball

Blue Bombers 2009 . . . . 2nd & 3rd grade girls team! Awesome coaches!
Great sportsmanship . . . what more do you need?
Darla was selected to play 3rd base:

Then catcher:

Here she is getting ready to run home!This face reveals "This is FUN!":
Good game - good game . . . Darla is shown here 3rd in line:

Alan & the boys were away at basketball . . . so Darla & Mama trotted off to the game alone, which to be honest was really special. Well I thought we had more than enough time for mama to take the scenic back roads route . . . . Marmot Rd. -> Shibley -> Comes out near old Roslyn Lake -> Bull Run Rd -> But couldnt remember which way to go at 4-way stop. Luckily a guy on a motorcycle told me to keep on straight. YEAH! With zero miles remaining on my gas gage (poor planning on my part) I found Corbett's one & only gas pump at a little market. (I was a tad nervous about running out of gas & her being late to her 1st game....wouldnt be a mother of the year moment). We found the adorable baseball field at the small country Springdale School. I immediately recalled watching our eldest play some of his 1st T-Ball games at this same field. Wow! Had my latte' in hand & camera . . . . we were ready to rock! Darla was so excited but admittedly a tad nervous as well.

You wouldve never guessed it was her 1st year playing softball. She was amazing! To be honest, I would not be suprised if she doesnt eventually end up smacking a homerun. She is a strong girl, and I think the more she practices & her confidence builds . . . watch out!!!

Coach selected Darla to play 3rd base, than catcher, then on the pitchers mound, then outfield. She is so excited for her next game!!

1 comment:

Tubo Family said...

Looks like a great game and a nice mother-daughter time too. Love the way you encourage your kids to get involved and participate!