Tuesday, April 7

Drive at Dusk Turns Up This:

Ok so here is the scoop on this adorable place:
1. I used to live a couple houses down from this waterfront cottage when I was 6.
2. The home was renovated this past year . . . . and I just marvel at its cuteness.
3. Alan did the heating/air - so I received a sweet lil' tour last spring when I brought my honey lunch. That same day we actually went & sat by the river to eat lunch. As we sat there we saw our eldest son floating down the river with his best friend in a raft. Ironic timing!
4. Back to the cute place. . . I love smokey grey aged cedar & white trim w/ the barn red punch of color. Super cute don't you think? Now plop this place down on a piece of farming acreage, and have a meandering creek on the property . . . . . and I found our next home!

Ok this goat barn is also a couple houses down from the Welches home I lived in back in 1st grade. The various sets of horns would always creep me out as a kid. The only thing I ever encountered similar to this in Eagle Creek (I think Duus Rd, maybe?) . . . a bus drivers (Benscooter?) had a farm called skull ranch. It had the big log entrance arch w/ a big ol' cow skull. It also creeped me out.

Ok so here is the delightful Salmon River, less than a mile from my home. In the distance you can see BBQ smoke . . . this has been a common sight & smell the past couple of days. Nothing beats the smell of the natural forest, river, & camp smoke. Ahhhh...... life up here is good.

Another peak at the river at dusk.
Here I present Hunchback Mtn . . . only a country block (less than a mile) from our home:
We had a nice drive yesterday but it wasnt without dissapointment:
Really people? I cannot believe that people dump their garbage on the side of the road like this. This isnt far from my house, and it is a main road. Shame on you! You really cant afford the $20 a month garbage bill? Or $20 for a truck load to the dump? May your conscience get to you. So why should I go pick up your dirty diapers & milk jugs which will remain here until one of us do?

1 comment:

Tubo Family said...

I love these sights and your commentary. Need to get the live tour next time we are up. (I love love love houses with metal roofs--the old-fashioned kind like that one--our place on Delahye Cir had a metal roof too but made to look like tile--not the same at all!)