Wednesday, March 25

Payton Going On His 1st Date Tonight

Ok so he is sixteen afterall. So not a huge shocker to most of you I'm sure.

Payton & Grace are just good friends. Dont dare suggest otherwise he says. Both are Christians & talk about there shared beliefs.

They are going to a PG13 moving called Knowing starring Nicolas Cage. I will definitely post a photo of Payton all dressed up, fresh new haircut, new hair product & cologne.
Note: His new jeans from Zumies are the same color as his hoody shown above. His shoes are the same color as his t-shirt. It was the most colorful outfit I have ever seen him wear. But he looked adorable!
His grandparents are so ultra good to him . . . when he came home from visiting with them for several days he had the infamous Zumies bag. Now he told me they got him a new pair of jeans. I asked him if they are a different shade of denim . . . since all the pairs he does have pretty much all look the same to me (BUT THEY'RE NOT MOM), and he smiled & said "Yes! They are a different color. They are more of a lighter colored blue." Well a little while he came out of his room to show me the new jeans & I kid you not they are TURQUOISE!!! I was shocked! But I didnt want to make him insecure or doubt his decision but I know he could tell I was not expecting colored jeans. They are cute but out of the ordinary for him. Then he said "Well if you think these are weird, wait till you see my new sunglasses." And I was like "What?!?!" And he said "Well, theyre not really sunglasses . . . they are shutters." I think he said Kanye West created them, but I could be wrong. He then comes out & shows me 2 different pairs of them. White pair & the turquoise again. He told Grace about them, and asked her if she wanted him to bring her a pair to wear tonight and she gasped "I wont wear shutters in public!"





This is definitely a new chapter in my life as a parent of a teenager. Soooo cute. She beat Payton to the punch & got her drivers license already, but I am driving him to the theatre & picking him up. He requested this....yeah!!! Oh one more cute thing....he tells me he asked her "What kind of treats do you usually get when you go to the movies Grace?" And she said "Cookie Dough Bites". . . . . and guess what people??? That is what Payton has bought the last 2 times he went to the movies he says. Say it with me now . . . .
C O M P A T I B L E ??
Ok so here is a photo of Payton opening the door for his friend Grace at the cinema (zoom lense):

Before anyone thinks "Oh Amy, how embarassing for Payton. His mom photographing it." They had no clue I was there. I drove off like I was gone, then circled back around just in time to capture it. I was really this far back when I took this photo:

2 comments:

Debbie said...

oh my goodness, I love it!!! Congrats Amy!!

Tubo Family said...

Wow a whole new stage. Payton sure does look handsome. I have been seeing colored denim coming back, so many of the fashions I see my 15 yo niece in remind of the styles back in our high school days.