Tuesday, March 17

One mans junk - another mans treasure . . .


Ok so most of my friends & family know that I love garage sales, thrift stores, and overall good finds. I prefer rustic decorative pieces & reusing, repurposing items. I especially love craft items which I can always snatch up at a tiny fraction of a Craft Store pricetag. I love handmade items & art.

Well Beth Twist is an extremely talented artist/stitcher . . . she married a young man I grew up with and they have a beautiful family. For my wedding anniversary gift Im hoping my husband will buy me one of Beth's jewelry pieces she makes & sells online. I tell ya, she is super talented in a multitude of ways! Back to my story . . One day I was randomly looking thru the arts/crafts section of portland's craigslist online and found an ad for 9 reproduction samplers for $75. I immediately thought of Beth & her interest in Ssmplers. I sent her an email & she planned to go check them out. Well, a part of me was a bit worried it would end up being a waste of time & gas money for her, but realized it was up to her whether or not she wanted to pursue. Then . . . I was happy to read this story on her blog today re: this particular find:


So moral of the story: Well, first Beth is brilliant for researching. 2nd you never know what you may find buying used items. I love it. New items off of a store shelf have no history, no story. Bring on Spring & bring on garage sales!!!!

No comments: