Tuesday, February 3

What's New Around Here . . .

1. Survived biggest parenting challenge with oldest recently.

2. Have been nauseated for a couple days and super busy for a lotta days, so blog has fell a bit behind.

3. Darla is signed up for softball.

4. We have to find a league for Elijah to play basketball in - while in kindergarden. This kid is serious about wanting to play for the NBA.

5. Nolan continues to crack me up daily. Still up in the air on whether he will be ready for kindergarden or preschool in the Fall. . . . will wait till summer to decide.

6. Alan had a scary work meeting a week ago . . . . layoffs are highly likely . . . . Alan has a lot of additional certifications though, so his Boss explained that he would be one of the very last choices to lay off . . . . because he can do a lot of work the other guys cant. Still unpredictable & a tiny scary.

7. Tuesday all the kids are having a social afternoon - having friends over after school.

8. I have learned that I am sticking with my monthly menu calendar but this month I wrote in pencil because at the last minute I do a lot of swapping. Like tonight was supposed to be chicken fettucini alfredo, salad, & green beans. Well because I felt so crummy it got swapped for a lazy night meal - grilled ham & cheese, pineapple, and salad.

9. Alan & I have both been enjoying www.facebook.com and reconnecting with so many old friends. A real blast from the past!

10. And lastly, I really really miss my family who lives in CA. Especially my newest nephew Drevin. The poor boy isnt even going to know us. Ive seen him once and he will probably be one or older until I get to see him again. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Tubo Family said...

Each of our boys has a cheapy photo album stocked with pictures of themselves and family members and I narrate with "that's you with Granna, you know Granna, she's the one that taught you to do the puzzle" etc etc. My dad sends weekly postcards to Sean now that he is older. Even maybe a regular post on your blog aimed at Drevin, so his mama can show him?