Friday, December 26

Oh Christmas Tree

We discovered that come Spring time, or sooner, our huge above the garage attic needs serious reorganization . . . we could not locate all our Christmas totes this year & thus a number of our ornaments & our white lights were missing this year. So to Alan's misfortune we had to use the huge 70's style colored lights on our tree. Here is this years tree . . . a left over from my dad & Kris' Christmas Tree Harvest. In other words, a reject if you will - an unwanted tree adopted by us for the special season.

Here is a special ornament from my childhood days, given to me in Grade School by an ol' friend & neighbor Nishka:
Speaking of ornaments . . . . every year our kids have always received a new ornament from us. Well, after reading on Beth's blog . . . I am going to borrow a tradition of theirs I think . . . . and that is, they let their children pick out an ornament themselves each year. I love that!!! To see how their tastes change thru the years, etc., What a fun memory for the kids. Now I have always prided myself on picking ornaments with sentimental thoughts of the past year, etc., but I think I prefer Beth's family tradition. So thank you for the idea!

Ahhh traditions, every year on Christmas eve the family gets to open 1 present. Each year the kids act like they are suprised which always baffles me because they always receive the same thing . . . new pajamas. Sometimes they have worn their new pj's to midnight candlelight service at church too. What are your traditions???

No comments: