Tuesday, December 16

Dont Let Your Nose Fall Off

I was so thankful to the News At Noon and the warning they did on frostbite & how easy it is to be inflicted. The kids had been begging to be able to go outside & finish their snow house and wouldnt believe me that their snow house was now an ice house, and they wouldnt be able to "play in the snow". The news story convinced the kids, with my helpful embelishing that they needed to remain completely covered from the freezing air. I would spend the 30 minutes getting them all bundled up but it was pretty dorky for 5 minutes of play. They were grateful for the 5 minutes they said. Well when I opened the door to let them outside, you could see the panic in their eyes if their scarves would loosen & fall a bit below their nose. . . like their nose would literally fall off if exposed to the air.
I am eeeevil but I couldnt stop laughing as my happy kids slowly walked toward their "ice" house . . . and once they were almost there - I said "Ok hurry, come back in - that was 5 minutes!" Eeeeeeeeevil mama told them I was kidding and they could have 5 more minutes.
The entire time they were out there I never could see Darla's eyes. Nolan is giggling in this picture because he realized how dorky he was when he was whining "I cant breathe mama". He just didnt like being that bundled.
So probably the only good thing about this deep freeze is there wasnt the normal moans & groans when it was time to come in - they were ready to be warm again!

1 comment:

Tubo Family said...

Good one! Looks like so much fun!Sean is very excited to play in the snow but hates to wear coats that touch his neck so I am anticipating some whining this weekend.