Friday, September 5

Missing Kindergardner Elijah: FOUND

Alarming title . . . but I was alarmed at first. Here's how this one played out in 10 steps:


1. Nolan & I are outisde waiting for Elijah to arrive home at lunch time on his kindergarden bus

2. Bus wizzes by our home without stopping & letting off Eli

3. Mama frantically waving like mad woman out on the road barefoot

4. Confused mom dials the bus barn explains what happened

5. Tina, Bus Barn Lady, puts me on hold . . . . . for a long time . . . . returns & says "Amy, Elijah isnt on the bus and they dont have him at the school. Are you sure he wasnt being picked up by someone else today?"

6. "Yes I am sure Tina. You are freaking me out!"

7. I am put back on hold. She returns to the phone and I hear back & forth radio talk with other bus drivers, etc., and then finally those 3 perfect words "We found him!"

8. Somehow Elijah was put on the wrong bus and was at this moment touring the greater Mountain area.

9. An hour later than normal Elijah returns home. The school, bus barn, & Elijah all discover how to avoid this in the future & life goes on.

10. HOWEVER throughout this ordeal I discover Nolan perched on the backside of a sofa - staring out one of the front windows - sucking slowly on a popsickle. He looks at me & says "I miss Elijah Mama". I reassure our 4 year old that his brother is on his way home and he is fine.

No comments: