Monday, May 19

My Mama's Day

Nice dinner at Tollgate in Sandy. Honestly wanted to go to Calamity Janes because more casual and Alan was meeting us after work so would be in his hard workin' man apparel. . . . but they were packed - so Tollgate it was. Mission accomplished: I got a night off from cooking.

Thoughtful husband bought me a card full of coupons good for all sorts of treats like "I will cook dinner for you & the kids this night" etc., He is a sweeite. Alan also gave me season 3 of Little House On The Prairie DVD collection. (Our whole family loves these shows).

Darla made me a tear jerker of a book - awesome illustrations and sweet words. Cracked me up tho. Things like "My mom is so nice when she helps me clean my room." She knows how to work it. I think it was the next day she was asking if I could help her organize her room.

So now onto the sons-oh-mine . . . . . the 3 boys blew me away with their suprise. Day before Mothers Day Darla & I were gone at her eye exam, Alan was at work for a few hours, and Payton agreed to babysit (for twenty bucks of course) his two younger brothers. Well quite honestly I had expected to come home to a few extra dirty dishes, some misplaced socks, scattered toys, and way too many throw pillows thrown around the floor instead of the sofas. This is normal. The boys would be happy - I knew this. They love hanging out with their "cool" big brother Payton. They probably convinced him to let them play a driving video game a few dozen times, and would be anxious to play outside once Mama was home. Well wrong on all accounts. Boy was I wrong.
Darla & I arrived home to a house in the same cleanish condition and all 3 boys were excited to tell me they had been making me an awesome mama's day present while we were gone. I was amazed to not see all the arts & crafts stuff strewn all over the table. I was curious. Did they get into their papa's wood working tools in the garage - no way - far too dangerous - would get in big trouble for that one. Did they sew me something? Doubtful. I would have to wait until the next day to learn what the boys had really been up to.

Mama's Day . . . . I got to sleep in. Papa handled breakfast for the kiddos. As I came downstairs the festivities began. I opened my gifts and then the boys turned the TV on and told me to WATCH their present. They made me a video. All 3 boys are performing all sorts of acts. There were numerous narratives thru-out wishing me a happy mothers day. It was so sweet and unexpected. I have to say I was most proud & grateful that Payton who has an incredible voice and is super handsome wasnt too shy to perform as well. At one point Payton is singing along to one of his favorite artists and you see Elijah & Nolan throwing something back & forth. Several times the item wizzes right in front of Paytons face - I think even hitting him once in the head but he continues unphased. Occasionally Payton ducks to avoid the flying object. Very very sweet gift. I actually told them that would be such a sweet tradition every year - to watch a home video they made. After lunch Darla had Payton record her performing on the mothers day video as well. Oh fun day. Thank you - I love my family & am so grateful.

1 comment:

Tubo Family said...

Ames, this one is bringing tears to my eyes. Something about Payton singing to you even with stuff flying in his face...gosh, it seems like just yesterday we were all so young and Payton was a little baby...Amours, I look at your kids and am SO PROUD to be your friend, you are a wonderful mama and the rest of the world is blessed that your children will be among the generation running things when we are old someday.