Friday, April 4

Spring Break: Oaks Park


Kids stuck on roller coaster in hail storm. It hit immediately . . . . Alan, Nolan, and I stood watching Payton, Darla & Elijah go whizzing around on this roller coaster at Oaks Park this afternoon - when all of a sudden huge ice pellets (hail) started pummeling us all. Alan took Nolan to seek cover. I and my hoodless jacket stood yelling at my kids to pull their hoods over their heads. Darla & Payton kept growling at me that the hoods wont stay on. I watch as the roller coaster violently jerks them upward - their hoods go flinging back - exposing bare faces staring straight up into the sky.














It was scary yet I also almost peed my pants laughing and tears in my eyes from being beat up by the hail myself.Before the hail storm we got in almost 2 full hours of play at Oaks Park. It was the 3 younger ones 1st time there. Alan and I wanted to treat the kids to a special outing before they all return from Spring Break tomorrow. Nolan unbelievably did well on a ton of rides by himself. It was shocking!!! He even went in the old haunted house which is now a Lewis n Clark thing - but dark & scary inside.
So he did this without a tear but wont go to church nursery or anyones home w/o us.





Payton was getting some serioud behind-the-wheel time at the bumper cars. Poor kid was in a sea of teen girls.

Nolan & Darla in their shooting plane.

Elijah laughing hysterically as him & his sister had this huge swinging rocking boat all to themselves. The thing normally seat over 20 people. They each sat at opposite ends - laughing at one another. Was a joy to watch!

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you've come over to the blog side! I've bookmarked your site and will check it regularly along with my other blogs. Love the posts so far and hope you find time to keep it up. -Tiff

Tubo Family said...

Awsome Amours! I love the pics and the more detail on the stories vs. email. Keep it up and maybe I'll get on board too. :)